A bright white smile means health, beauty & success. And in the era of selfies and social media, we all want to look our best.
Teeth Whitening or dental bleaching is getting popular every day, and you need to know all about this process to determine what is the best for you.
Why my teeth are getting yellow?
There are many reasons but the main cause is getting old; by time the inner layer of the tooth (Dentin) is getting darker, while the outer layer (Enamel) is getting thinner exposing the dark dentin.
There are other causes like genetic factors, fluorosis, rare dental disorders, trauma, tetracycline stains before the age of 10, silver restorations and finally root canal fillings.
How teeth whitening works?
The bleaching gel removes remove either external or internal stains and alter the light reflecting nature of the enamel to make your teeth looks whiter and brighter.
Is teeth whitening a painful process?
Bleaching gel will cause soft tissue irritation if it touches your gums. Your dentist will avoid this by covering your gums first with a gingival barrier. your teeth may become sensitive in the 24h after teeth whitening, you can overcome this by taking a painkiller.
What can I do to ensure long lasting results after teeth whitening?
You should rinse your mouth after eating and drinking, floss daily to remove dental plaque and use a whitening tooth paste once a week to remove any stains.
Teeth bleaching and teeth whitening are fast, easy ways to brighten teeth and enhance your smile. If your near Newport Beach call Dr. Sahafi at 949.514.8408 for a consultation.
Gummy smile also known as excessive gingival display is a smile that shows an excessive amount of gum under the upper lip. It is a common unaesthetic clinical condition, which can be caused by an abnormal dental eruption(delayed passive eruption), or hyper-function of the upper lip elevator muscle or by an excessive vertical growth of the bone of maxilla or over-eruption of the maxillary anterior teeth, or a combinations to one of the above described factors together.Several treatment options have been proposed to enhance the smile display and to reduce the gingival exposure.
How to improve the look of a gummy smile
Dr Kate Sahafi uses few ways to fix the gummy smile including gummy smile surgery – though not all cases require surgery. Here’s some of the ways gummy smile can be fixed:
1) Lip Lowering – The upper lip is re-positioned to make the gum line less exposed.
2) BOTOX – To reduce high pulling effect and lets the upper lip better rest over the gum tissue. Studies have shown gummy smile treatment with on botulinum toxin into the levator labii superioris alaeque nasi muscle is an efficient method, with minimum risk of complications and very high patient satisfaction.
3) Gum Contouring/Gum Leveling – Removes excess gum tissue around the teeth.
4) Crown Lengthening – Gum tissue is removed, the bone is modified, and the gum line is re-contoured to establish a longer crown appearance.
Snap-On Smile is a patented, easy and painless way to obtain a beautiful smile. It was invented by a dentist who realized that not everyone can afford thousands of dollars to get a Hollywood smile make-over. After years of extensive research and development, your dentist can now provide you with a Snap-On Smile that is thin and strong with the look of natural teeth. You can eat and drink with your Snap-On Smile. It’s easy to care for and can be a temporary or long-term provisional cosmetic solution. It’s available for upper and lower teeth.
Snap-On Smile’s unique, proprietary formula of hi-tech dental resin make it very thin yet extremely strong. It fits right over your own teeth to give you a beautiful, natural looking smile—even if you have stains, chips, gaps or missing teeth.
And for many people, Snap-On Smile can be life changing. It gives back the confidence to smile. Thousands of people worldwide have already experienced the unique benefits of Snap-On Smile.
Snap-On Smile is for just about everyone!
Snap-On Smile is an affordable and life-changing solution for people of all ages. Getting a Snap-On Smile simply requires two, short, painless visits with no drilling, no shots and no change in tooth structure.
It is an excellent choice for:
• Gaps, crooked, stained or missing teeth
• Those who are not candidates for bridges or implants
• Anyone who would like a Hollywood smile without the expense and discomfort of complex and invasive dental procedures
• Anyone who has an old-fashioned removable partial denture and wants a beautiful, more comfortable alternative
It’s easy, it’s painless and you can start today
1. You pick the style and shade of your new smile
2. Your dentist takes an impression of your teeth
3. You come back in about three weeks for a final fitting and you wear your Snap-On Smile home